** For New Zealand Passport Holders Only **
** The Ghana visa is an entry permit only valid from the date of issue to allow the person to travel to
Ghana within three months of the date of issue of the visa **
The Ghana Consulate General is responsible for processing visa applications for clients residing in New
GUIDELINES ON APPLICATION FOR VISA
ALL VISA APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS AND PASSPORTS FOR VISAS ONE MONTH PRIOR TO
THE INTENDED DATE OF DEPARTURE.
1. Working Hours (10:00am to 1:00pm) Wednesday and Friday
2. Type of Visas issued
3. An applicant shall complete a visa application form in duplicates (2 copies) and attach two (2) passport size
photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application.
4. An applicant should possess a return air ticket, which should be submitted upon request, in the case of an
application for tourist visa.
5. An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of
invitation from the principals in Ghana and or in New Zealand.
6. An application for a visa shall take not more than five (5) business days to process.
7. In the case of journalist and or film crew who are covering an event or shooting a film in Ghana, the
application shall take two weeks (14 days) for processing. In addition, such an applicant shall complete another
form to indicate the nature of coverage and equipment to be taken to Ghana. Upon arrival in Ghana, such applicant
shall call at the Information Services Department for accreditation.
8. When an application for a visa is turned down, the visa-issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation.
An applicant may however re-apply for a review.
NOTE: Applicants must include their passports as part of their applications, as all visas, if
issued, are inserted into the passports.
9. Payment can only be made Bank Deposit. No Cheques are accepted - they will be
sent back at applicants cost
For online payment processing time is calculated only after cleared funds into our account as it depends from
bank to bank. If urgent use Bank Orders.
NOTE: No Cheques of any kind are accepted - they will be
sent back at applicants cost
Account Name: Ghana Consulate
Account # 06-0294-0192801-00
ECOWAS citizens (Economic Community of West African States) Gratis
- Single Entry Visa (must be used within 3 months from date of issue NZ$150.00
- Multiple Entry Visa NZ$200.00
- Express Visa (additional) NZ$50.00
- Visa application fees are non-refundable.
10. In accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are requested to have a valid
certificate of immunization against yellow fever.
Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the port of entry in
11. Submit the following documents:
- Completed visa application form - Download Form
- Valid passport for at least six(6) months (before expiration)
- Evidence of financial support or letter of invitation from host in Ghana
- Visa Fee Bank Deposit
- Two passport-size photographs of applicant. Should be taken at least within the last three months (very
- Affix each photograph with glue on the top right corner of the application form
- Submission of return air ticket, in the case of an application for tourist visa
- Applications submitted by mail must be accompanied by prepaid, Signature Required, Courier envelope
for return of passports. Only requests accompanied by certified prepaid return Courier envelopes will be processed.
** If sending by Courier, you must specify that the application is hand delivered to the
consulate - no responsiblity is taken if the Courier leaves the application outside the office.
- All the above documents are required - if not included, your application will be sent back at your
- Send the completed application to:
THE CONSULAR SECTION
Unit 13, 101-111 Diana Drive,
12. These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana
Please refer to the Ghana High
Commission in Canberra, Australia. The Ghana Consulate in New Zealand does not process passports.